South Beach Seating Collection
Please visit your local GreatGatherings to speak to a member of our team and learn more about this product and its options.
Miami’s South Beach is known for its high energy and cutting edge style. In similar fashion, the namesake collection from Tommy Bahama Outdoor Living makes a dramatic contemporary design statement. Strong architectural lines are crafted in dark graphite aluminum with a light surface texture. Tops and trim surfaces feature the rich natural tones of sustainably-sourced Indonesian teak.
Designs in the collection are sleek and linear, highlighted by an eye-catching play on angles. Cushioning on deep seating items is extra plush, while chairs, bar stools and the chaise feature contemporary weather-resistant sling. Occasional tables incorporate hexagon shaped slate-gray stone inserts to enhance the design.
The look is fresh and contemporary. The comfort is undeniable. The style is signature Tommy Bahama.
What it’s Made Of:
- Mixed Material
Please visit your local GreatGatherings to speak to a member of our team and learn more about this product and its options
- To view the Warranty Policy for this product, follow this link
At GreatGatherings, we take a tremendous amount of pride in the craftsmanship and overall quality of our fine products. It is our priority to provide you with industry-leading designs and styles that help make your home an entertaining hot spot. Please inspect your product upon receipt and notify us of any damage or other issues that you come across. If within 30 days of receipt, you are unsatisfied for any reason, you may return the product for a full refund after paying a 25% restocking fee. The cost of shipping the product back to the factory is the sole responsibility of the consumer. We cannot accept returns on any custom product, close-out items or any items damaged through normal wear and tear.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or call us at 703-286-9801. We are at your service M-F, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
Care and Maintenance:
- GreatGatherings® outdoor furniture is manufactured to enhance your outdoor entertaining experience for a very long time. The life and enjoyment of your outdoor furniture can be greatly increased if you use protective furniture covers when the furniture is not in use. We recommend the following simple care and maintenance instructions to protect and add years to your thoughtful investment.
- Consider the specific conditions and usage to which your furniture is exposed so appropriate maintenance can be provided. Product failure caused by a lack of reasonable and necessary care and maintenance is not covered by the product warranty. Mildew can form on dirt or other substances deposited upon the frame and fabric. Regular cleaning of your outdoor furniture will help to prevent its forming. Failure to follow these guidelines when cleaning your furniture can potentially void the warranty.
- Use of furniture needing care and maintenance or use of damaged furniture can result in injury. Also, minor repair issues can become major repair and service issues, and create potential safety issues.
- Periodically and carefully inspect all of your furniture pieces for breakage and/or indications of wear. Inspections must include, but not be limited to, spring assemblies and the weld areas of product seats, arms and legs. If any cracks should appear on the product or at welds, the item must immediately be removed from use until repaired.
- Inspections must include all bolts (on all seating pieces and tables). The hardware on swivel rockers, swivel rocking lounge & balcony chairs, and swivel bar & balcony stools should be regularly checked to make sure it is tight. Should any loose or missing hardware be detected, the item must be removed from use immediately until the hardware can be properly tightened and/or replaced.
- Adjustable glides on chair and table legs are for residential use only. Take special care to ensure that these glides are not adjusted to more than 3/16 inch of exposed threads as this can cause damage to the glide or leg. Regularly check the glides as they can unscrew when moving products.
- Extension table slides should be cleaned regularly. A lubricant such as a silicone spray can also be applied to assist in the smooth operation of the glides.
Painted Finish Maintenance and Care
Painted finishes are used on your cast aluminum seating, tables and fire pits. Periodically clean the finish with a sponge or soft bristle brush using a cleaning solution with 1/4 cup (2 oz.) mild, biodegradable liquid soap in a gallon of lukewarm water (100º F / 38º C). Rinse thoroughly.
Avoid using abrasive cleaners.
- For gloss finishes, we recommend periodic waxing of the frame with a high grade automotive liquid wax or the use of a commercially available protectant to help maintain and/or restore the luster of the finish.
- Protectants can be purchased at most casual furniture retailers.
Caution: Seaside and or indoor pool area use
In seaside use, salt can accumulate on the finish, leading to finish failure. In indoor pool areas, chlorides can accumulate on the finish, leading to finish failure. In both of these environments, repeated cycles of condensation followed by evaporation cause build-up of these aggressive corrosives. Regular cleaning with mild biodegradable liquid soap and water will remove the concentrated deposits and help protect the furniture finish per the above instructions.
Maintenance and Care of your Fabric
- The life of your furniture fabric largely depends on its care. Clean all spills promptly. Fabric life can be extended by simply rinsing down the furniture regularly with water. Certain suntan and sun block products may permanently discolor any fabric. This possibility can be minimized by immediately cleaning
- After contact. In addition, storing the cushions when not in use will extend cushion life. Prepare a cleaning solution with 1/4 cup (2 oz.) mild biodegradable liquid soap in a gallon of lukewarm water (no warmer than 100º F / 38º C). Clean fabric with the solution using a sponge or soft bristle brush. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Allow to air dry. Note: Standing a cushion on its side will help it drain faster.
- Certain suntan and sun block products contain "PABA". PABA is harmful to fabric and can permanently discolor it; therefore, contact with cushions should be avoided. If contact is made, cleaning the fabric immediately with a non-abrasive, mild biodegradable soap and water solution followed by a fresh water rinse may minimize the possibility of discoloration. Laying a beach towel over the cushions of the outdoor furniture whenever you are using the furniture will prolong the fabric life.
- Do not use a bleach solution unless specifically listed as a cleaning agent for the specific fabric, such as for solution dyed acrylics.
- Do not submerge or allow cushions to lie in standing water.
- Do not put cushions into the dryer.
- Do not use harsh detergents or stiff bristle brushes.
- Do not use Pine Oil cleaners or abrasive household cleaners.
- Do not use heat or hot water.
Mildew may form on dirt or other substances deposited upon the fabric. Regular cleaning of the furniture will help to prevent its forming. If mildew does develop, add 1 cup bleach to the cleaning solution. Apply to the affected area and allow to soak in. Scrub with a soft bristle brush, then rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary. For stubborn mildew stains, use a household mildew remover (be sure to test in an inconspicuous location first). AND FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS.
Great Cleaning Videos to Reference: click here
Sunbrella® videos provided by Glen Raven, Inc., owner of the Sunbrella registered trademark.
Paint Surface Repairs
- Please follow these important required steps to prepare your painted frame surfaces for touch up.
- Touch-up paint to match the frame color is available directly from GreatGatherings®.
1. Wash the scratched area to remove any dirt or grease.
2. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Dry.
3. Remove cushions. Protect fabric, frame, and all surface areas that are not to be painted.
4. Sand the scratch lightly to "soften" the edge with fine grit sandpaper so that the touch-up paint will blend in easily. Sand as small an area as possible so you don’t create additional work.
5. Clean with rubbing alcohol.
Repairing Small Nicks
- Follow steps 1 through 5 above and then:
- Spray touch-up paint onto a flat plate or dish. Use a small artist's brush to transfer the paint from the plate to the aluminum outdoor furniture.
Repairing Scratches on a Gloss Finish Surface
- Follow steps 1 through 5 above and then;
- Hold spray can 4 – 6 inches away from surface to be painted. Spray a thin coat and let dry. Spray a second coat and let dry. Repeat until desired coverage is achieved.
Repairing Scratches on a Textured Finish Surface
- Follow steps 1 through 5 above and then;
- Hold spray can 4 – 6 inches away from surface to be painted. Spray a thin coat and let dry. Spray a second coat and let dry. Repeat until desired coverage is achieved. Do not let the paint fully dry. Wait 3 – 5 minutes for the paint to become tacky. Pat with a damp (not soaking) cloth to create texture (a dry cloth will pick up too much paint). Make sure the damp cloth is lint free.
Proper Winter Storage
- The life and enjoyment of your outdoor furniture can be greatly increased if you use protective furniture covers when the furniture is not in use. Do not allow covers to freeze on the furniture as this can damage the finish.
- GreatGatherings® furniture is certainly intended to be used outdoors. In milder climates, the furniture can be left outdoors year-round. Each piece has drain holes built into the frame to minimize any water build up inside the frame material.
- Caution: Do NOT EVER store frames upside down. If you live in an area that experiences freezing conditions, store your clean and dry GreatGatherings® outdoor furniture right side up in a dry, protected place. Be aware that WATER can collect and/or condense inside the frame components – if exposed to freezing temperatures; this water could freeze causing the frame component to crack or burst. This damage is NOT covered under your warranty.
Fire Pits-Caution of Installation and Use
- Fire Pits are designed and intended for outdoor use only. Never install or operate indoors. Burning gas (both Natural and LP) produces fumes which can be dangerous if inhaled. Always insure there is proper ventilation when using any fire products.
- Gas fire pits should always be operated by an adult only and with extreme care, especially when lighting the burners. DO NOT light the fire pit burner in the high gas setting. Only light the fire pit in the low gas setting. Place a lit match on the glass stones before turning the gas on.
- Never leave this product on when unattended. Educate all persons, including and especially children that may come in contact with this unit of the danger of the high temperatures produced when operating, including surface temperatures. Clothing and other flammable materials should not be placed on or near the fire pit.
- GreatGatherings® recommends that all gas products be installed by professionals that are licensed by the local authority having jurisdiction in gas piping. GreatGatherings® recommends that all gas products installed in the USA and Canada be serviced and maintained by professionals that are certified by the National Fireplace Institute (NFI) as NFI Specialist or by the Wood
Energy Technical Training (WETT).